CFI is taking extra steps to reduce our carbon footprint. Our goal is to use the power of film to educate the public, volunteers and community about key sustainability issues by bringing together programs, people and facilities.
THE GREEN INITIATIVE IN ACTION AT THE SMITH RAFAEL FILM CENTER & THE ANNUAL MILL VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL…
- 42,000 film festival schedules and souvenir guides printed on recycled paper using Zero VOC Ultra Violet inks.
- Recycling available at all MVFF screenings and events
- 4,140 printed items and CD/DVD waste avoided with the digital distribution of press kits, press releases, newsletters and trailers.
- 11,500 printed card waste avoided each year by using electronic event & screening invitations, holiday and thank you cards.
- 2,500 paper cup waste avoided with use of Kleen Kanteen water bottles by staff and filmmaker guests during MVFF.
- 2,469 students from 28 schools engaged through CFI Education’s annual Environmental Youth Forum which showcases 23 environmentally-focused films and 16 environmentally active organizations.
- Exclusive use of environmentally safe cleaning products at the Smith Rafael Film Center and the CFI offices.
- 3,390 miles of individual vehicle use avoided by use of the Marin Airporter shuttle for 112 separate trips during MVFF38.
- CFI is proud to use Compokeeper as a part of our green initiative and thank them for their generous donation!
CFI GREEN INITIATIVE – IN PARTNERSHIP WITH PG&E
Join CFI in becoming a Bay Area Green Business.
Click below to find out how…