33rd Mill Valley Film Festival
COMING SOON! The Official 2010 Mill Valley Film Festival website, with complete schedule of films, ticket purchasing, parties, tributes, spotlights and live performances for the 33rd Mill Valley Film Festival will be here soon. Check back for the latest updates.
OCTOBER 7 - 17, 2010
Get the Latest MVFF E-News
Founded in 1978 by California Film Institute director Mark Fishkin, the Mill Valley Film Festival is well known for the quality of its programming. MVFF has established an impressive track record for launching new films and new filmmakers, and has earned a reputation as a filmmakers’ festival by offering a high profile, prestigious, noncompetitive environment for celebrating the best in independent and world cinema.
Each year, the Festival sells over 40,000 tickets and welcomes more than 200 filmmakers from around the world. Festival sections include: Active Cinema, World Cinema, U.S. Cinema, Valley of the Docs, Children’s FilmFest, and 5@5 (daily shorts programs). Gala celebrations, tributes to actors and filmmakers, workshops, panels and seminars, as well as opportunities to mingle with filmmakers in the spectacular setting of the San Francisco Bay Area are just a few of the reasons Screen International named Mill Valley a Top 10 U.S. film festival.
The Festival is also an important industry resource, both for its emphasis on films that have not yet secured U.S. distribution and for fall launches and northern California Academy Award® campaigns. The Bay Area continues to be a significant market for independent and international film, and MVFF consistently provides a forum for introducing new films to West Coast audiences.
Become a California Film Institute Member
With a CFI membership you can share a passion for great film that inspires and challenges us to see the world from a new perspective. Your support helps sustain a vibrant environment in which audiences of all ages engage with today’s most influential filmmakers.
Membership Rewards Include:
- discounts on Mill Valley Film Festival tickets and merchandise
- opportunity to purchase Mill Valley Film Festival tickets before the general public
- reduced regular admission ticket price of $5.50 at the Christopher B. Smith Rafael Film Center
- complimentary Friend of the Festival screening during the Mill Valley Film Festival
- member screenings, often with well-known filmmakers and actors, and exclusive access to special events
See http://www.cafilm.org/membership for more information
Be a special part of one of the Bay Area’s most exciting annual celebrations!
Each year dedicated volunteers help us to produce this internationally acclaimed Festival. It's a great way to get involved, make new friends and see great films.
- attend a sign-up session and orientation (dates to be announced)
- attend volunteer meetings and trainings for your shifts
- be friendly, supportive and flexible
- have fun!
MVFF Volunteers Receive:
- a Film Festival coupon for every work shift
- a free MVFF t-shirt
- a volunteer appreciation party at the end of the Festival hosted by CFI staff
- a unique volunteering experience and the opportunity to see amazing films
There are plenty of volunteer openings throughout MVFF. Simply contact Michael LoPresti, Volunteer Coordinator, at (415) 526-5869 or email email@example.com.
Christopher B. Smith Rafael Film Center
1118 Fourth St, San Rafael, CA 94901
CineArts @ Sequoia
25 Throckmorton Ave, Mill Valley, CA 94941
142 Throckmorton, Mill Valley, CA 94941
Travel / Hotels
Please patronize our generous airline and hotel sponsors, and take advantage of special discounts for Festival patrons. Links coming soon!
Follow us on Facebook & Twitter
Become a Sponsor
Sponsors enrich artistic and cultural activities while placing their brand at the center of MVFF world-class events:
- connect with desirable San Francisco Bay Area and Marin audiences, the highest per capita income in the country
- immersive on-site activation, sampling, brand promotion and relationship building opportunities
- VIP hospitality provides one of a kind industry-attended and media-worthy celebrations
- staff benefits packages for sponsoring organizations offer deep discounts and promotions for the Festival and year-round CFI programs
For sponsorship packages that are customized to meet marketing, advertising and sales objectives, contact Liana Bender, Corporate Development Director, firstname.lastname@example.org; 415.526.5838.
Media Inquiries/Press Accreditation
Karen Larsen/Larsen Associates:email@example.com;
415.957.1205 (SF Bay Area except Marin County)
Stephanie Clarke/Hamilton Ink PR:firstname.lastname@example.org;
415.381.8198 (Marin County)
Maureen Dixon/Marketing & Communications Manager/Mill Valley Film Festival:email@example.com;
415.526.5845 (Marin County and general inquiries)
Click here for the 2009 32nd Mill Valley Film Festival FILMS archive
Click here for the 2009 32nd Mill Valley Film Festival EVENTS archive
California Film Institute
Mill Valley Film Festival
1001 Lootens Place, Suite 220
San Rafael, CA 94901
415.383.5256 Main Office
415.383.8606 Main Office Fax